Mollie Jane Announcements! (Scroll Down to See Latest Posts)

NEW MOLLIE JANE PHONE NUMBER!!
OUR NEW PHONE NUMBER IS: 714-224-9904




Monday, June 8, 2009

Jasmine Star Workshop!

I think that everyone has at least one person that is an idol, professionally. Jasmine Star, for the last year, has been one of those for me. I follow her amazing blog and it gives me inspiration for weddings or shoot in general and for my business. I feel really lucky that I live so close to so many amazing photographers, so when Jasmine announced that she was going to be giving a workshop in Orange County I jumped on it, a good thing too, I think it sold out in like an hour.

I really was an amazing experience! It was everything I wanted it to be and more. I met amazing photographers and we became really close in the couple of days that we knew each other. It was great! Plus I learned so much that I will incorporate into my business and shooting. I think it is so important to keep learning. I believe in always moving forward, realizing that you don't know everything and you can always be better.

Here are some pictures from my AMAZING day.

When we got there there was yummy food to eat and cute center pieces, plus we had our own pad of paper and pen, plus a note from Jasmine. All the details were perfect (as I expected them to be).



Yes, that is me sitting front and center (on the far right). I was there to learn, and learn I did.

There was a shooting portion of the day, yes, again, that is me front and center. Under this cool exterior, I am really a big nerd :)

These are some of my favorite shots that I got during the day. The models were Mark and Tiffany and, if you can believe it, they are an actual couple. Jasmine shot their wedding a year or two ago. Can you imagine what their children are going to look like? So hot!











These are some shots of Jasmine in action. She really is a great teacher. I had so much fun getting to know her and learning from her. I even got some advice from her and her husband, JD, about shooting/working with your spouse.


This is the awesome group of people that I spent the day with (plus, some of us got together in Newport the night before to shoot and have dinner) we had an absolute blast!Me and Jasmine!
Good times!!!!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Mollie, your pictures are beautiful! It was great meeting you! See you at The Workshop Take 2?? ;-)

ErinKJ said...

Hey Mollie! These are great! I had a blast meeting you and hope we can keep in touch. Thanks for the blog love on my California newborn session.
Erin J
P.S. That funny LDS-esk blog is www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com. It is pretty funny

rockagal837 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rockagal837 said...

just like jasmine star inspires you, your work inspires me! im thinking of going to school for photography! i love your work i go to your blog everyday to glance at your work! so beautiful

thank you,

Lily Toledo

Megan Plenge said...

oh, I know jasmine is going to LOVE that first pic of her! ha ha :) you captured such great pics from our shoot...nice job! can't wait for you to move to orange county...good luck!